Building an SEO friendly website requires good content, and an even better domain name or SLD and extension or TLD. The TLD and SLD can help you with SEO in the following ways:
- Build Brand value: A catchy and relevant domain name with the right spellings establishes trust and improves your online authority and reputation. It is a representation of your brand. It prevents others from sabotaging your brand when you get all the counterparts of your domain. This can be done if someone buys other extensions for your company such as .sucks, and .bad.
- Relevancy indication: A key ranking parameter used by all search engines is content relevance. If your domain name has the requisite relevancy signal, then your ranking will increase.
- Tap the right audience: Country-specific extension names can help you tap relevant customer base, especially because Google is gradually improving its local search.
- Increase conversion: You must wisely choose your domain’s extension because if it is very unconventional, then some people may think that it is a spam website.
There is a wide range of options to choose from for TLD. It can be specific to the country, industry, or even be a fancy one like soda! If you are establishing business only in one specific geography, then country extensions can be a good choice for SEO. The study also shows that extensions such as .org are better than the ones with .edu or .biz. You can also choose industry-specific TLDs for better marketing.
Another important factor for SEO is getting a catchy domain name, especially because most of them are already taken. Here are 4 simple ways to leverage SLD (Second Level Domain) for SEO.
- Target keywords: Mere placement of keywords in the domain name cannot boost rankings. However, it acts as a relevancy signal. For example, Google and other search engines bolden the keywords that appear in domain names.
- Add your brand name: Branding is an important ranking parameter for Google SERP rankings. Build your domain name in a way that makes it the target keyword or choose a brand name that is a target keyword. However, if you do not have these options, then choose the brand over keywords.
- Choose a domain name that is relevant to your niche or industry: Your domain name should inform your audience about your industry and product offerings. This also gives them a better understanding of what your website and business can offer.
- Keep it short and sweet: As per a study, the 50 most visited websites have only six characters in their domain name. Try not to stuff your domain name because it makes it difficult for your target audience to remember complex and long domain names.
We, at Recenturesoft, understand the navigation habits of masses. Our SEO experts help companies create SEO-friendly domain names and extensions that can be identified by Google in the country-specific markets too. Therefore, avail our services and set your business on a fast-track growth path!